Monday, May 14, 2012

Looking back

I've learned not to let my kids decide which of their old toys they want to throw away. All that pawing through a crate of old toys does is re-acquaint them with favourites they forgot they had. End result? No toys thrown away and lots more kipple distributed about their room. Gah.
I got a similar feeling today when pruning old bookmarks. I found lots of stuff that seemed so precious at the time but have forgotten I found and had lived without for a long time. There are quite a few links that I now want to remember...
Ideas illustrated on word origins - great visualisation of where the words come from.
Joined up thinking about genre literature and culture
A plot generator for pulp fiction
Full text versions of many old commentaries, translations and dramatic works
Book title analyser
An automatic text analyser

No comments: